EXCESSIVE SICK LEAVE
How can Dr Steve help employers?
Do you have an employee that takes an unusually large amount of sick leave? This leave may be completely legitimate - but often it is not. Organisations can take a long time to start asking questions. In the end, the employer becomes fatigued.
Dr Steve steps in before you start losing money and energy.
What he finds out:
- What is the illness?
- Is it caused by work, in part or in full?
- What must we change to help bring that person back to good health?
- What could we do to lessen the sick leave?
- What could the employee do to lessen the sick leave?
How can Dr Steve help employees?
He alerts you to:
- better ways of dealing with your health
- the importance of complying with the treatment suggested
Dr Steve helps you follow up on treatment suggested; treatment that you might be reluctant to follow because it hasn’t been explained to you sufficiently. "I often see employees who are reluctant to have surgery of some sort or try a new medication because they heard something or read something online", he says. "Simply by explaining the treatment to them better, I see many patients going back to their GPs willingly try something that will make a major difference."